This diploma is open to all healthcare professionals authorized to work in a spa. Other non-healthcare staff: psychologists, fitness professionals, managers. All professionals interested in thermal medicine or in working in a spa as an employee or freelancer, or simply all professionals wishing to acquire skills in the field of thermalism.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to deliver training on the benefits of spa medicine to patients.
- Mobilize your knowledge and skills within a spa establishment.
The skills repository
- Mobilize the scientific concepts of medical hydrology and climatology to access the most current issues in crenobalneotherapy,
- Mobilize the basics of the physiology of the major functions to analyze a health issue in the context of spa treatments,
- Select and apply theoretical tools to make the results of studies your own,
- Identify and understand the basics of treatment with natural mineral water and derived products,
- Understand the definitions of health and identify the factors that influence it,
- Identify experimental approaches to the major challenges of environmental medicine,
- Mobilize the content of social legislation on spa treatments,
- Know the characteristics of a spa establishment and the regional, national and international structures linked to the spa industry,
- Know the characteristics of natural mineral waters and their legislation,
- Identify the environmental issues related to the spa industry and learn about risk management measures,
- Operational techniques for implementing communication processes within spa establishments and their social environment,
- Understand the main principles of scientific research in the spa industry.
UE1 : Foundations of thermalism: hydrology, climatology and crenotherapy
UE2 : Spa environment and organization
UE3: Health and Safety
UE4: Human-environment interactions and communication elements
Optional UE5 (open to all) : Adapted physical and sports activities and health
Optional UE6 (physiotherapists only) : Practicing physiotherapy in natural mineral water
Optional UE7 (dental surgeons only) : Odontology, oral pathologies and spa treatments
Optional UE8 (open to all) : Advanced clinical research
UE internship: Spa internship (35 hours)
Final exam lasting one hour, covering all units.
Oral presentation of written work.
Assessment of internship through attendance and a free internship report by tutors
Training course from February to June 2024 with a presentation of the work September October 2024
Prices do not include university fees, which will be added according to the level of training:
Initial training: €360
Self-financed continuing education: €450
Continuing education paid for by employer: €900
For further information: